In the course of using the gmrsafety.com Website, the GMR Safety company (“GMR Safety” as Data Controller, the headquarters of which are located at 2430 Boulevard des Entreprises, Terrebonne, Quebec J6X 4J8, Canada, processes the Personal Data (“Data”) of Visitors, Prospects, and Clients (“Users”).
The Policy applies to all Visitors, Prospects, and Clients of GMR Safety’s services. It may be amended at any time by GMR Safety, in particular to comply with any legislative, regulatory, legal, editorial, or technical developments. Users must therefore refer to the latest version of the Policy prior to any browsing or use of the Website.
Data collected online by GMR Safety allows:
- Management of GMR Safety’s Website;
- Handling of requests for information and/or claims submitted by Users via our contact form or via any of the various email addresses provided on our Website;
- Users subscribed to our newsletter to learn about GMR Safety
In the course of Website use, GMR Safety collects, processes, and retains the following Data:
- Identifying information (Last name*, First name*,);
- Contact information (email address*, postal address, telephone number);
- Client or Prospect status;
- Information related to your online activities (for example, IP address, browser activity);
Every form on GMR Safety’s Website limits the collection and processing of Data to only what is strictly necessary for the specified processing purposes.
Information marked with an asterisk (*) on the Website is necessary for us to be able to reply to enquiries you make via the GMR Safety website. Providing us with additional information via the Website is optional.
Collection of your Data is founded on one or more of the legal bases set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. GMR Safety’s processing of the Data is generally founded on:
- Execution of a contract or during a pre-contractual process;
- GMR Safety’s legitimate interest and/or your consent in order that the company might, under optimum conditions, provide satisfactory Website browsing, service, and replies to your enquiries.
The Data collected may only be communicated to the following recipients:
- Depending on the type of enquiry, GMR Safety’s:
- Marketing & Communications department;
- Human Resources;
- Purchasing, Sales, and After-sales;
- Suppliers who carry out certain material and technical tasks on behalf of GMR Safety necessary to effect processing described under the terms of this Policy;
- Legal or financial authorities, agencies of the State or public bodies, at their request, and within the limits of what is authorized by the regulation;
- Regulated professions such as lawyers, notaries, or auditors.
GMR Safety retains your Data only for the period strictly necessary for processing, and for the length of time required to comply with the applicable regulation.
Your Information is stored by GMR Safety in databases located in Canada, which is an adequate country recognized by the European Union for the processing of Data carried out as part of commercial activities. As a result, these transfers require no specific controls.
GMR Safety commits to ensuring the security of your Data through technical and organizational measures, both physical and logical, according to the rules and standards imposed on our company.
In accordance with the applicable regulation, you have a right to:
- request access to, and/or obtain a copy of your Data;
- update your outdated or inaccurate information;
- object to the processing of your data for the purposes of direct marketing;
- request that certain Data be erased;
- restrict the processing of your Data;
- at any time, withdraw consent granted for any processing founded on this basis;
- ask to have your Data sent to another Data Controller when such Data was collected on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract.
To exercise these rights, or if you have any questions about the processing of your Data, you can contact the service entrusted with the exercise of these rights, specifically (450-698-0299 ext.209).
In cases of reasonable doubt about the identity of the individual making the enquiry, proof of identity may be required.
If you believe, after having contacted us, that your “data protection rights” have not been respected, you may lodge a complaint with France’s data protection authority (CNIL) or any other qualified supervisory authority.
Among the Data collected by GMR Safety is Data resulting from the installation of cookies. When the User visits the Website, they are informed that a cookie may be automatically installed and temporarily retained in memory, or on their hard disk. A cookie is a piece of data that saves information related to your browsing of the Website. Users of the Website acknowledge having been informed of this practice, and authorize
GMR Safety to employ the practice. Users may object to or disable some of these cookies via the settings in their browser software.
For more information about GMR Safety’s Cookies Policy.